- This event has passed.
November 20 @ 1:30 pm - 5:00 pm
We’re heading to the Johnston County Airport where there is a great BBQ restaurant on the 3rd floor overlooking the runway: Low and Slow Smokehouse. Hopefully there will be some plane activity to watch. There is dining available both inside and outside. I’ve asked that they reserve the outside tables for us, which overlooks the runway. There is a possibility that we will be given permission to park our cars inside the gate where the planes park and taxi. If this happens some of you may want to take pictures of your cars with planes in the background.
Their address: 3149B Swift Creek Rd, Smithfield, NC
2 Stage-up Options:
- Those of you who want to “stage-up” in Wake Forest can meet us at a new location. Here are the details:
- 600 Dr Calvin Jones Hwy (Rt 98) Suite 100.
- This is the parking lot for Coldwell Banker Advantage-Wake Forest.
- Heading west, turn right onto Siena Dr. off of Calvin Jones Hwy, then turn left onto Siena Office Park Rd., which goes through the parking lot for Coldwell Banker Advantage Office Building.
- You can see the building from Calvin Jones Hwy but the parking lot is on the south side of the building.
- Departure time: 1:30. It will take about 1 hour to get to the airport/restaurant, via the scenic route.
- Those of you in Raleigh or southern Wake County can meet the rest of us at the airport (Low and Slow Smokehouse) at about 3 PM.
Johnston County Airport
3149B Swift Creek Rd, Smithfield, NC