We’ve been rained out for the past two scheduled Sunday Afternoon Cruises so let’s try it again. As of today the forecast for next Sunday, the 30th, looks good. This time we’re heading south, to Sanford. I’ve made reservations for 3:00 at The Bay Breeze Seafood Restaurant of Sanford in their private dining room.
- Address: 1385 N. Horner Blvd. Sanford, NC 27332.
- Those of us in northern Wake County will meet at Stony Hill Baptist Church, 7521 Stony Hill Rd, Wake Forest. Departure time: 1:30. It will take us about 90 minutes to get to Sanford, which will include stopping on the way at Hendrick Chevrolet in Cary and joining those who do not meet up with us in Wake Forest. We’ll arrive at the restaurant about 3 PM.
- Those of you in Raleigh or southern Wake County can either meet the rest of us at the restaurant or meet us in route at Hendrick Chevrolet in Cary 100 Auto Mall Drive . Those of us meeting at the church will get to the Hendrick dealership about 2:20, to pick up those of you who want to join us there.
- Be sure to let me know where you plan to join us.
Afterwards we’ll head over to Yarborough’s Homemade Ice Cream Shop for dessert.
This is going to be a great Winter Cruise. I need you to let me know if you (and your spouse/friend, etc.) will be joining us so I can inform the restaurant.
You can sign up for this Cruise by:
Feel free to forward this email on to others whom you think might be interested. These cruises are not limited to just those of you who receive this original email.
Our route from Hendrick Chevrolet to the restaurant:
- From Hendrick’s we’ll head west on 64 to Beaver Creek Rd. about 6 miles, turning left (at Wilsonville).
- Take that to Pea Ridge Rd., about 5 miles, turn right
- Take Pear Ridge Rd to Rt 1 South, about 5 miles
- Take this to Business 421 exit, N. Horner Blvd. about 12 miles, go west ½ mile to the Restaurant on the left
Caravan Driving TIPs:
- Your job is to keep track of the car directly behind you. If that driver slows down, you slow down. Or if that driver has to stop, you pull over to wait for them as soon as possible. If everyone does this it will cause a reverse domino effect. The leader will then only have to pay attention to the car directly behind him rather than trying to keep track of everyone, and it will keep all cars in closer proximity.
- When approaching an intersection with a Green Light, get through the intersection as quickly as possible. If you lolly-gag, the chances of you and the cars behind you catching a Red Light greatly increases. So stay “as tight as is safe” when you see a light ahead of us.
- If we have to stop for a Red Light and there are multiple turn lanes, feel free to break out of line and take up both lanes. Then once we get through the light you can get back into single file.