The June cruise will take us northwest to Timberlake, NC, just south of Roxboro. It’s a beautiful drive from anywhere to this area of NC. Our destination will be the Homestead Steakhouse, located at 205 Frank Timberlake Rd, Timberlake<, NC. They have reserved one of their private dining areas for us, and at that time of the day they will still be serving their Sunday Country Brunch menu. Reservations are for 3:00 PM.
The date of this event will be Sunday, June 19th, weather permitting.
- Those of you who want to drive in the caravan (which is the most fun) can meet us in northern Wake County at Stony Hill Baptist Church, 7521 Stony Hill Rd, Wake Forest.
- Departure time: 1:45. It will take us about an hour to get to Timberlake.
- Those of you who don’t want to drive to the Wake Forest area can meet the rest of us at the restaurant. We will arrive there about 3 PM.
You can sign up for this Cruise by using the Corvettes International Sign-Up Form. It’s a great tool and simple to use. I need you to either use the Sign-Up Form or let me know via email if you (and your spouse/friend, child, etc.) will be joining us. To use the Sign-Up Form go to https://www.corvettesinternational.com/signups/sunday-afternoon-cruise-june-19-2022/https://www.corvettesinternational.com/signup-events/
Caravan Driving TIPs:
- Your job is to keep track of the car directly behind you. If that driver slows down, you slow down. Or if that driver has to stop, you pull over to wait for them as soon as possible. If everyone does this, it will cause a reverse domino effect. The leader will then only have to pay attention to the car directly behind him/her rather than trying to keep track of everyone, and it will keep all cars in closer proximity.
- When approaching an intersection with a Green Light, get through the intersection as quickly as possible. If you lolly-gag, the chances of you and the cars behind you catching a Red Light greatly increases. So stay “as tight as is safe” when you see a light ahead of us.
- If we have to stop for a Red Light, and there are multiple turn lanes, break out of line so we can occupy all turn lanes. Then once we get through the light you can get back into single file.
- NEW: If we are traveling on a multi-lane road and you are the last car in line and you are able to anticipate when the leader is going to make a lane change, go ahead and make the lane change ASAP. This will then tie up both lanes, allowing all cars in between the leader and you, the tail car, to change lanes with minimal distractions.