- This event has passed.
Sunday Afternoon Cruise to the Trophy Brewing Company
November 7, 2021 @ 12:00 pm - 5:00 pmFree
For our next Sunday Cruise, November 7th, we’re going to do things a bit different. Mike Lombard, one of the members of Corvettes International, has arranged for us to take a tour of the Trophy Brewery and Taproom , located at 656 Maywood, Raleigh (not far from I-440 and South Saunders Ave.) While some of you may not be beer drinkers (as I am not) this will be an opportunity for us to see what goes into the process of making beer. I like seeing how things are made.
- The tour starts at 1 PM. (Don’t forget to set your clocks back an hour Saturday night.)
- There is no charge for the tour.
- The “Paddy Wagon” will sell fish and chips on site.
- There is a tent on the west side of the building where we can congregate and eat after the tour.
- Trophy is going to block off the parking lot on the east side (to the right as you face the building) for our cars. Overflow parking is available on the south side of Maywood (across the street from the building).
2 Stage-up Options:
- In Wake Forest at 11804 Galaxy Dr, Wake Forest. This is the previous location of the Verizon Store and it is now Tracie’s Boots and Buckles. It’s located just north of Lowes Home Improvement on Galaxy Dr. The parking lot will be a very safe and uncrowded place to meet.
- Departure time: 12:15.
- Some of you may choose to meet us at Trophy Brewery and Taproom, located at 656 Maywood, Raleigh
- Arrive by 12:45.
We really need to we have an idea of the number of cars and tour participants. You can sign up for this Cruise by using SignUp Genius or email/text me to let us know if you (and your spouse/friend, child, etc.) will be joining us. To use SignUp Genius go to Signup Genius
Feel free to forward this email on to others whom you think might be interested.
Caravan Driving TIPs:
- Your job is to keep track of the car directly behind you. If that driver slows down, you slow down. Or if that driver has to stop, you pull over to wait for them as soon as possible. If everyone does this, it will cause a reverse domino effect. The leader will then only have to pay attention to the car directly behind him/her rather than trying to keep track of everyone, and it will keep all cars in closer proximity.
- When approaching an intersection with a Green Light, get through the intersection as quickly as possible. If you lolly-gag, the chances of you and the cars behind you catching a Red Light greatly increases. So stay “as tight as is safe” when you see a light ahead of us.
- If we have to stop for a Red Light, and there are multiple turn lanes, feel free to break out of line and take up both lanes. Then once we get through the light you can get back into single file.