The December cruise will take us northwest to Timberlake, NC, just south of Roxboro. It’s a beautiful drive from anywhere to this area of NC. Our destination will be the Homestead Steakhouse, located at 205 Frank Timberlake Rd, Timberlake, NC. I have reserved one of their private areas for us, and at that time of the day they will still be serving their Sunday Country Brunch menu. Our reservation is for 2:45 PM.
The date of this event: Sunday, January 9th, 2022, weather permitting of course.
Staging up options:
- Those of you who want to drive in the caravan (which is the most fun) can meet us at Stony Hill Baptist Church, 7521 Stony Hill Rd, Wake Forest, at 1:30. It will take us about an hour to get to Timberlake.
- Those of you who don’t want to drive to the Wake Forest area can meet us at the restaurant. We will arrive about 2:45
You can sign up for this Cruise by:
- Using the Corvettes International Sign-up site: https://www.corvettesinternational.com/signups/sunday-afternoon-cruise/
- Email Steve
- Text Steve
Feel free to forward this email on to others whom you think might be interested. These cruises are not limited to just those of you who receive this original email.
Route details from Stony Hill Baptist Church:
- Take Stoney Hill Rd to Purnell Rd to New Light Rd to Old Weaver Rd, across Falls Lake
- Cross Rt 50
- Rt onto Cash Rd (when it crosses Rt 15 the name changes to Gate 2 Rd)
- Go over I-85 into Butner
- On the other side of Butner at the “Y” go left onto Veazey Rd. (Central Ave. goes to the right)
- This dead ends into Old NC 75/Rt 1004 (Old Oxford Rd), go left, proceed for about 3+ miles
- Take sharp right onto Stagville Rd.
- Go straight through Bahama where the road name changes to Quail Roost Rd
- This dead ends into Rt 501, go right, which will take you through Rougemont and onto Timberlake
- Go through Timberlake, after about 1-mile turn left onto Roby Barton Rd.
- Take the first left onto Frank Timberlake Rd
- Homestead Restaurant will be on the left
- If you don’t see a bunch of Corvettes parked all together, just wait a few minutes and you’ll see us coming.
Caravan Driving TIPs:
- Your job is to keep track of the car directly behind you. If that driver slows down, you slow down. Or if that driver has to stop, you pull over to wait for them as soon as possible. If everyone does this, it will cause a reverse domino effect. The leader will then only have to pay attention to the car directly behind him/her rather than trying to keep track of everyone, and it will keep all cars in closer proximity.
- When approaching an intersection with a Green Light, get through the intersection as quickly as possible. If you lolly-gag, the chances of you and the cars behind you catching a Red Light greatly increases. So stay “as tight as is safe” when you see a light ahead of us.
- If we have to stop for a Red Light, and there are multiple turn lanes, feel free to break out of line and take up both lanes. Then once we get through the light you can get back into single file.