- This event has passed.
Sunday Afternoon Cruise & Picnic
September 13 @ 1:30 pm - 5:00 pmFree
We’re going to head south to the small town of Coats, NC where there is a quaint, country style home-made ice cream shop, called Smith Farm. It has picnic tables and shade and a clean bathroom. This will make for a great place to picnic and then have home-made ice cream available on-site. If you want to see some pictures Google “Smith Farm” in Coats.
The address is Smith Farm, 919 Hwy 55 E., Coats, NC 27521.
Everyone is encouraged to bring a picnic lunch and non-alcoholic drinks for yourself. Since this is going to be a purely outside event there should be almost no risk of infections spreading among us. Of course we’ll all use “safe” behaviors as we interact with one another.
Things to bring:
- Cash (for ice cream)
- Lawn chairs
- Mosquito spray
- Food and non-alcoholic drinks for yourselves
3 Stage up Options:
- In Wake Forest at 11804 Galaxy Dr, Wake Forest. This is the previous location of the Verizon Store, which is just north of Lowes Home Improvement on Galaxy Dr. This building is unoccupied so the parking lot will be a very safe and uncrowded place to meet. Departure time: 1:30.
- In Garner at Zaytoun Orthodontics parking lot located at 510 Timber Drive East #100, Garner. (I’m sure this will be empty on a Sunday afternoon.) This is not far from the intersection of I-40 and Rt 70. Departure time: 2:15
- Some of you may choose to just meet us at Smith Farm Ice Cream Shop in Coats, 919 Hwy 55 E., Coats . We should arrive there about 3:00PM.
You can sign up for this Cruise by using SignUp Genius. It’s a great tool and simple to use. I need you to either use SignUp Genius or let me know via email if you (and your spouse/friend, child, etc.) will be joining us. To use SignUp Genius go to https://www.signupgenius.com/go/30e0f4ba8ac2faaf49-sunday6
Feel free to let others know whom you think might be interested. These cruises are not limited to just club members.
Caravan Driving TIPs:
- Your job is to keep track of the car directly behind you. If that driver slows down, you slow down. Or if that driver has to stop, you pull over to wait for them as soon as possible. If everyone does this, it will cause a reverse domino effect. The leader will then only have to pay attention to the car directly behind him/her rather than trying to keep track of everyone, and it will keep all cars in closer proximity.
- When approaching an intersection with a Green Light, get through the intersection as quickly as possible. If you lolly-gag, the chances of you and the cars behind you catching a Red Light greatly increases. So stay “as tight as is safe” when you see a light ahead of us.
- If we have to stop for a Red Light, and there are multiple turn lanes, feel free to break out of line and take up both lanes. Then once we get through the light you can get back into single file.