- This event has passed.
Sunday Afternoon Cruise: February 19, 2023
February 19 @ 1:30 pm - 5:00 pm
This Sunday Cruise will take us south to Sanford. We have reservations for 3:00 at The Bay Breeze Seafood Restaurant of Sanford in their private dining room.
- Address: 1385 N. Horner Blvd. Sanford, NC 27332.
3 Stage-up Options:
- Those of us in northern Wake County will meet at Stony Hill Baptist Church, 7521 Stony Hill Rd, Wake Forest. Departure time: 1:30. It will take us about 90 minutes to get to Sanford, which will include stopping at Faith Baptist Church in Apex and joining those who choose to meet up with us there.
- Those of you in Raleigh can meet us at the parking lot of Faith Baptist Church, 1004 US-64, Apex. Departure time about 2:20.
- Or you can just meet us at the restaurant at about 3 PM.
Afterwards we’ll head over to Yarborough’s Homemade Ice Cream & Grill about 5 minutes away: 132 McIver St., Sanford.
Be sure to let me know where you plan to join us. How can you sign up for this Cruise?
- Use this form
- Email me: Vetted@earthlink.net
- Text me: 919-368-2770
Caravan Driving TIPs:
- Your job is to keep track of the car directly behind you. If that driver slows down, you slow down. Or if that driver has to stop, you pull over to wait for them as soon as possible. If everyone does this, it will cause a reverse domino effect. The leader will then only have to pay attention to the car directly behind him/her rather than trying to keep track of everyone, and it will keep all cars in closer proximity.
- When approaching an intersection with a Green Light, get through the intersection as quickly as possible. If you lolly-gag, the chances of you and the cars behind you catching a Red Light greatly increases. So stay “as tight as is safe” when you see a light ahead of us.
- If we have to stop for a Red Light, and there are multiple turn lanes, break out of line so we can occupy all turn lanes. Then once we get through the light you can get back into single file.
- If we are traveling on a multi-lane road and you are the last car in line and you are able to anticipate when the leader is going to make a lane change, go ahead and make the lane change ASAP. This will then tie up both lanes, allowing all cars in between the leader and you, the tail car, to change lanes with minimal distractions.
Our route from Faith Baptist Church to the restaurant:
- From Faith Baptist we’ll head west on 64 to Beaver Creek Rd. about 13 miles, turning left (at Wilsonville).
- Take that to Pea Ridge Rd., about 4 miles, turn right.
- Take Pear Ridge Rd to Rt 1 South, about 5 miles.
- Take this about 12 miles to Business 421 exit, N. Horner Blvd.
- Turn left and the Restaurant is on the left in about ½ mile.
Sign up at: https://www.corvettesinternational.com/signups/sunday-afternoon-cruise-february-19-2023/