- This event has passed.
Sunday Afternoon Cruise April 11, 2021
April 11 @ 1:30 pm - 6:00 pm
April’s Sunday Afternoon Cruise (next Sunday the 11th) will take us south to the small town of Coats, NC where there is a quaint, country style home-made ice cream shop, called Smith Farm. This was the destination of our cruise last September and it worked out very well. It has picnic tables, shade and a clean bathroom. It makes for a great place to picnic and then have home-made ice cream available on-site. If you want to see some pictures, Google “Smith Farm” in Coats.
The address is Smith Farm, 919 Hwy 55 E., Coats, NC 27521.
Everyone is encouraged to bring a picnic lunch and non-alcoholic drinks for yourself. Since this is going to be a purely outside event there should be almost no risk of infections spreading among us.
Things to bring:
- Cash (for ice cream)
- Lawn chairs
- Mosquito spray
- Food and non-alcoholic drinks for yourselves
3 Stage up Options:
- Those of you who want to “stage-up” in the Wake Forest area can meet us at Stony Hill Baptist Church, 7521 Stony Hill Rd, Wake Forest. Departure time: 1:30.
- Those of you in Raleigh and southern Wake County you can join us in Garner at Zaytoun Orthodontics parking lot located at 510 Timber Drive East #100, Garner. This is not far from the intersection of I-40 and Rt 70. Departure time: 2:15
- Some of you may choose to just meet us at Smith Farm Ice Cream Shop in Coats, 919 Hwy 55 E., Coats . We should arrive there about 3PM.
You can sign up for this Cruise by emailing me or using SignUp Genius. It’s a great tool and simple to use. I need you to either use SignUp Genius or let me know via email if you (and your spouse/friend, child, etc.) will be joining us. To use SignUp Genius go to https://www.signupgenius.com/go/30E0F4BA8AC2FAAF49-sunday10
Feel free to forward this email on to others whom you think might be interested. These cruises are not limited to just those of you who receive this original email. As always, Lynn and I look forward to spending time with you.
Caravan Driving TIPs:
- Your job is to keep track of the car directly behind you. If that driver slows down, you slow down. Or if that driver has to stop, you pull over to wait for them as soon as possible. If everyone does this, it will cause a reverse domino effect. The leader will then only have to pay attention to the car directly behind him/her rather than trying to keep track of everyone, and it will keep all cars in closer proximity.
- When approaching an intersection with a Green Light, get through the intersection as quickly as possible. If you lolly-gag, the chances of you and the cars behind you catching a Red Light greatly increases. So stay “as tight as is safe” when you see a light ahead of us.
- If we have to stop for a Red Light, and there are multiple turn lanes, feel free to break out of line and take up both lanes. Then once we get through the light you can get back into single file.